Friday, July 26, 2013

Tricky Labels



Grilled chicken, steamed brown rice and carrots, raw tomatoes w/balsamic, s&p. 400 calorie lunch as pictured.  I fell victim to the serving size vs. portion size trick again! As I prepared my plate I looked at the serving size for the brown rice: 155 calories per 3/4 cup. So how much did I dole out? 3/4 cup. I added everything up while I ate and was not happy about a 400 calorie lunch. So what did I do? I left about 1/4 cup of rice on the plate and threw it away. This saved about 50 calories. This is why it's so important to learn YOUR portion sizes, instead of eating a serving size decided for you. Every little bit counts. I am just as full with half a cup of rice as I would have been with 3/4. 

2 comments:

  1. This is off topic I have a question. Do you use a heart rate monitor? If so, which one? Thank you for your help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry for the late response. No, I do not have a heart rate monitor.I have been curious about trying one, though! Do you use one? How does it work?

      Delete