Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Taco Shell is Made of Cheese

I saw a friend post a picture of a taco shell made of cheese and I had to try it. It was amazing and lower in carbs than a regular shell. It was really greasy, though. Next time I'll blot it a lot. I just plopped 3 piles of shredded cheese on a silicone baking mat and baked the cheese on 350 degrees for about 7-8 mins, or until the cheese was light brown, flat and bubbly. I grabbed a wooded skewer, slid it under the cheese circle, and let them hang until hardened. For the stuffing I grilled a chicken breast and fresh peppers in olive oil. Fresh avocado and tomato made it just right! I ate half the chicken breast with the 3 mini tacos and put the rest in a salad made of kale and chard for dinner at work. Pretty tasty!! Next time I will use a little less olive oil, the veggies were a little greasy.





4 comments:

  1. REALLY COOL!!! I'm trying to go low carb until the wedding. Only been doing it for a week and down 5lb (the 1st week you always lose a lot) so this recipe will be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Let me know if it works out for you!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete