Wednesday, May 22, 2013

To Market to Market

There's just something about going to the farmer's market to buy my produce. I don't know if it's a mental thing or what, but it just seems to taste so much better than storebought! I got some fabulous heirloom carrots, beets, jalapenos, locally grown strawberries, cucumbers, kale, etc... I am so lucky to live in a such a great city with such an awesome market! It's right in the heart of downtown, so convenient, and it's huge!



The workers there are always so helpful, telling me what's in season, and whether or not it was grown around here. The strawberries were $2/pint. Can't beat that! And the lady just kept throwing berries in my bag. I got way more than I what I paid for.

I don't know where this mentality came from, but for the longest time I have thought that salads made from my house just don't taste as good as the ones bought from a  restaurant. Isn't that so dumb? Well, I overcame that stupid thought with this amazing salad I made for lunch. Romaine, strawberries, cucumbers, bleu cheese and balsamic vinegar. Just the vinegar. No oil. It was way better than any restaurant salad I've ever had!


I'm trying to come up with some cool new recipes for all my new homegrown treats. So, standby readers. Coming soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment