Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Good Human!

My Iron Tribe coach asked me how my eating is going. I admitted to him that lately I've really been struggling. He gave this little one-liner that I just can't get out of my head: "you're not a dog, so don't reward yourself with food."
It seems so simple, doesn't it? I mean, I give my dog Ziggy a treat for POOPING. Why would I reward myself with something that I am trying to eliminate from my life? If a woman is working day and night to heal from the pain of an abusive man, is she going to allow herself 5 minutes of physical and mental abuse as a reward for staying away from him? No. Because that wouldn't make any sense. It also doesn't make sense to reward myself with harmful food just because I lost 5 pounds. That bad food is what put those 5 pounds there in the first place!! I'm not saying that you can't "cheat" every now and then. You know me- I don't believe in diets. I believe in changing your lifestyle to where you can learn to adapt and make room for the less than perfect food. The whole mentality of rewarding myself with food has really never seemed sillier to me than it does now. By the way, here's my doggy Ziggy- cutest pup ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment