Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Thought That Counts

When it comes to changing your lifestyle, sometimes it really is the thought that counts. When I wake up and the first thought is: "which way am I going to exercise?" I know that I am transforming. When I think about eating and I envision veggies, I know I am changing. I am not trying to drop a whole lot of weight at once, I am trying to change my life into a longterm, happy, healthy person. This person does splurge on holiday weekends (like I did for Pascha this weekend)

Opa! Greek food heaven. BUT this person will know how to make up for it, and does not beat themselves up. I do not believe in dieting, diets are for people just trying to lose weight quickly. I ran on Saturday and drank tons of water all weekend. All last week I was super conscious of what I ate and over the next few days I am making sure that I am staying on track. See, normal people splurge every now and then, but as long as its not your normal, you are ok. I am learning this. I will not feel guilty when I go off the grid.
I have lost 12 pounds in 3 months, which is one pound a week. This is exactly the goal I'm reaching for. I know I will reach my goal because I finally understand how to play this game: one at a time. Some might look at me and think that all this time has gone by but there aren't a lot of results. On the outside, 12 pounds might not look like a lot to you, but on the inside, it's a whole different world. All these new mentalities swarming through my head are powerful. They will bust out one day and it will be apparent on the outside too. You just have to believe in me. Tony Dungy says: "whatever goal you're trying to reach, break it down to the details and focus on them one at a time. Don't get sloppy and overlook the little aspects of life, because they add up to big things."
my mom and I at Pascha dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment