Thursday, April 12, 2012

This Whole Running Thing

I'm slowly beginning to understand why people choose running as their exercise. I can comfortably jog 2 miles now without stopping! I am honestly amazed with myself right now. If you told me that I could run 2 miles without stopping 3 months ago I would have laughed my ass of at you. NEVER in my WHOLE life have I been able to do that. Even when I was a college cheerleader I couldn't go that far without stopping. I have problems with endurance on the treadmill, but not when I'm outside. I get started and find a good pace that feels good and keep it there for the whole distance. I have learned that it is so much easier for me to finish my goal when I am reaching for distance and not time. I think I would have a harder time running if my goal was 30 minutes than if my goal was 2 miles. When you have a distance goal in mind, the time doesn't matter- you just run until you've achieved it. When I was on mile 1.80 I wanted to stop because I was tired. I asked myself: if you had gotten to mile 1.80 in the triathlon, with the finish line in sight, would you stop? No. So, why would you stop now?

No comments:

Post a Comment