Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hangry

Day two of Great Lent left me very hangry (hungry + angry) all day at work yesterday that I ended up slipping last night. I had a drink after work with a friend who was in town. I was hungry when I got there, but he had already eaten so I didn't want to eat in front of him alone. So what happened? I got a chicken sandwich with fries on my way home! I was so mad at myself, still am. I did so well all day! I did yoga, ate really well, then went and blew it. Moving on- I loved yesterday's Rachael Ray episode. They honored the Mayor of Oklahoma City and 10 residents for participating in their million pound challange. She gave them all these awesome makeovers. It motivated me so much! I started my day off with such a great outlook, then I slipped at the end. I'm just not sure what I could have done differently. I drank plenty of water and I ate enough during the day I honestly shouldn't have even been hungry when I got off work. Today I'm going to double my H2O. One of Rachael Ray's makeover people said a common theme with the OK City folks was that they have spent so many years picking out their wardrobe based on what they "can" wear instead of what they want to wear. This is totally me! I love fashion and people compliment my style all the time, but it kills me to shop. I hate having to shop in plus size! When I look at shirts I constantly have to make sure they're long enough, not too low cut, doesn't show too much arms, etc... I used to hang up all these clothes that are too small for me as motivation but it only depressed me. What cues do you have in your house that keep you motivated? I have a post-it note on my microwave that says "you have to start somewhere."

1 comment:

  1. Put notes all around your house reminding you this is a journey!! You got this! I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete