Monday, February 27, 2012

Great Lent

I am Greek orthodox, so today is the start to my Great Lent. Today is called "Clean Monday," which means from now until Pascha (Easter) I have to follow a strict vegan diet. No animal derived products for me! It is really hard, because I love me some cheese! Luckily there are plenty of delicious vegan friendly foods out there that I don't miss it too much. I have to watch my sodium though. I did pretty good this weekend with my food. I didn't exercise though. I'm going to have to kill it this week. Friday I went to lunch with a friend at Chuy's. I love Mexican food. I did good though and just ordered a grilled chicken salad. It didn't even have the shell! I was so proud of my self! :) My best friend Amy told me she could see a difference in my body, so that was encouraging! What kind of vegan foods do you enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment