Monday, February 6, 2012

Changing up my realm of Comfort Foods

Here are some of the replacement weekend foods I indulged in. We went to dinner saturday night for a belated birthday party for me. We went to Urban Flats, a really good pizza place. You know my weakness for pizza! I got baked chicken with veggies. It was pretty satisfying. Someone brought up the point that it was probably bathed in butter and not much healthier than the pizzas. I realize that, but it's all about the mindset for me. In my mind, I chose baked chicken over pizza. And to me, that's a win.


Waffles. Who doesn't love 'em? I love waffles and pancakes. I love them with peanut butter, slathered in full sugar maple syrup. When I wake up late and feel like just wallering around, nothing is better. Saturday morning I woke up late, my foot was hurting, I had to bail on zumba with my girls and I felt sad. My first thought was... Waffles! A good friend of mine got me a waffle maker for Christmas and I hadn't used it yet. I went to Harris Teeter to get some wheat mix, so I didn't concoct some sugary homemade mix. I was craving their super crunchy crisp romaine lettuce too for salads this week. Waffle change up... Wheat mix, fresh fruit, sugar free syrup.


Burger and fries. Do I even need to explain why this is a comfort food? Here we have a blackbean burger on whole wheat, minus the condiments and sweet potato fries, minus the salt. It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment