Friday, February 3, 2012

This is Happening!

This is actually happening! Slowly and painstakelnly, but it IS happening. I woke up super late this morning and didn't have time to workout. I have been feeling guilty all day. I am actually excited about my next workout and how I can double time it. Last night on my dinner break I worked out in our station's fitness room with a coworker. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and we did some strength exercises (burpees and groiners). I am amazed that I can do 20 groiners with ease now (they're a P90x thing). I could barely do ten at the beginning. I am still on my break from P90x due to my foot and I can't wait to get back at it! My legs feel so much lighter. I very rarely drink sodas now and I am beginning to genuinely crave water. This morning, since I woke up so late, I did not have time to prepare a good lunch, so I decided to just stop and grab something on the way to work. I actually was annoyed that I was going to have to get fast food. I went to McDonald's and got a plain grilled chicken sandwich. I honestly did not want fries. I had the sandwich and a diet coke and I was full. These small changes in my mindset are really proving to me that I know I am actually doing this for real. My urge to binge is decreasing and I am enjoying working out. I just wish I could hurry up and get to my ideal weight! The "weighting" is killing me! I constantly look at women who are just a few pounds overweight and I get so angry at them! I think to myself, if I only needed to lose 20 pounds, this would be a breeze! When I think about how long this is going to take me and all the hardwork, I just don't understand how some women can even be a little overweight. I know that this is not healthy and I try to not let myself think like this, but it is so frustrating! But then again, I haven't even lost 20 pounds yet, so I guess I can't really say anything, huh? If 20 pounds was that easy lose, why has it taken me this long to just lose a couple?

2 comments:

  1. Set small goals. 10 lbs at a time! I would give myself a date and say I needed to lose x amount before that date...reach that goal THEN set the next!. Losing weight isn't easy. Whoever says it is...is lying. :) You GOT THIS!!! Zumba in the AM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going Lori! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete