Saturday, March 3, 2012

Never let it Rest

"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best." ~Tim Duncan~
Those who know me well know I am a huge Spurs fan. Tim Duncan is one of my favorite athletes. He is such a team leader and never ever ever gives up. He gets back on his feet and never seems to look back at his mistakes with regret. I wish I could look at my mistakes the way, professional athletes do. They rewind and examine and figure out how to prevent the same mistakes in the future. I wonder what it would be like to have footage of my slip ups and the moments leading up to them. I can review my "plays" over and over again in my head, but unless I can actually see them unfold, it's almost like white noise. Pictures of me right now are kind of like footage of my life. Nothing slaps me in the face like seeing a blob on facebook tagged with my name next to it. Especially when I think I looked good! You know, that feeling when you realize you actually didn't look as good as you thought?? Yeah, that happens to me a lot. One more reason why I can never let it rest. Not for one second. Every second counts for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment