Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Dreaded Health Screening

What's the point in having an awesome job with awesome benefits and awesome insurance if you don't use it? My company offered free health screenings yesterday and I begrudgingly made myself suffer through it. Good thing I did because it turns out I lost 5 whole pounds in the month of February! My cholesterol, glucose levels, and all that other junk were in the low risk area! The only things in high risk area are my blood pressure and my bmi, which I expected. I hate going to the doctor because they seem to blame EVERYTHING on my weight. I swear I could go for in for sunburn and they would find some way to blame it on my scale results. So, point being, this is good news. I can't help but wonder what the screening results would be had I gone before I packed my bags for this journey.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for good news!!! *bama belle!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss! That's wonderful!

    I can totally relate to the "fat speech" at the doctor's office. I used to get it ALL THE TIME. It's understandable when I'm in there in my early twenties for hip and back pain, but my final straw was when I went in for pink eye, and they were getting on me about my weight. Even after losing over 85 pounds, they still give me the "fat speech" about my blood pressure, saying maybe if I just lose another 10 pounds... I've learned to just start the appointment by talking about my recent weight loss so they know I'm doing something about it. Keep up the great work, and don't let the doctors get to you.

    ReplyDelete