Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's the Little Things

I've been getting down lately because this is just. so. hard. I did, however, have a happy moment at work today. In the bathroom mirror I noticed a difference in my stomach. It looked a little slimmer and it made me smile :) I don't think anybody else would notice, but it was rewarding to see a tiny result. I just don't understand why I don't WANT to eat healthy and exercise regulary! I want to look good, feel good, and be healthy. I know I'm the only person that can make it happen, so where's my motivation? Why is it so hard for me to get motivated? Why do I run from things that I know are good for me? I expressed frustration to my boss today because it was 3pm, I ate lunch at 1 (a pretty hearty one at that might I add) and I was starving! I've been downing water and eating balanced meals, why am I STARVING all the time? I mean, two hours after I ate lunch it felt like I hadn't eaten in two weeks. She said it is because my metabolism is increasing because I'm working out more. Lord, I hope so! And when I get hungry, it's full-blown headache... nausea, grumpiness, the whole works. I see people at work that eat dinner, maybe one snack, and that's it. I have to constantly snack throughout my shift just to save myself from a nauseating headache. I bring almonds, string cheese, fruit and yogurt to munch on in between meals. What kinds of snacks do you bring to work to keep you from binging?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Lori, I know it must be so very hard! Giving up on all bad habits is hard. maybe doing some meditative exercise when you FIRST start to feel the craving. A script you say to yourself over and over again. Something that indicates how full you are ...full of life's blessings, not food related.
    Or, maybe you can have a friend who agrees you call them when you feel the urge to binge. Talk it over and have that friend help talk you into a positive action instead of binging.

    Or, maybe you can find an Eating Anonymous group to attend, get a sponsor and support! Girl, you are not alone!

    You Are doing this! Great you noted a change! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to find high protein snacks to fill me up. Right now i'm eating some black beans and brown rice. Pretty good and will keep me full until my 5pm dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I've never combined black beans and brown rice- sounds pretty yummy!

    ReplyDelete