Monday, January 16, 2012

A Case of the Mondays

My body is apparently having a case of the Mondays. I woke up this morning per my usual routine: drink coffee, watch news, exercise, watch more news, get ready for work. Unfortunately I just was not feeling it this morning when I was doing Plyocide, my favorite P90x2 workout. My balance was off, my muscles were not working properly and I just couldn't do it. I shut it off and just lifted some weights and did some housework. This weekend I observed what I did and how my friends ate (again, I was the only overweight one). One girl, who is very small, ordered a bbq sandwich Saturday with coleslaw and only ate the meat without the bread. She did eat the coleslaw though. Everyone else at the table ordered fried food and ate every last bite! At brunch on Sunday morning with the same group of friends, we all ate a lot, none of which was healthy. I just cannot eat like that. ever. If I want to lose weight and keep it off that is. Some people may be able to eat badly, not exercise, and stay thin, but not this girl! I also didn't drink enough water this weekend, nor did I exercise once. I firmly believe that my weekend actions are the reason I could not complete the P90x workout this morning. I will have to refrain from eating unhealthy all the time and I have to exercise everyday. Maybe once I've gotten down to my ideal weight I can splurge, but not now. My body is too vulnerable. It is too easy for me to slip right back into old habits. I brought workout clothes to work today so I can jog on my dinner break. We have a mini gym, which is awesome. I've already had about 64 ounces of water today and I'm feeling much better. I had a healthy breakfast of Kashi cereal and a banana. For lunch I had a huge salad of romaine hearts, spinach, cheese and balsamic. I packed some healthy snacks and leftovers for dinner. As long as I actually exercise on my break later and keep chugging water, I think I'll be able to put this weekend's actions behind and move on to another successful week!

3 comments: