Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sleep Good, Wake up Good

I got asked this: "Don't you just love the whole 'getting ready for bed thing?' You know, cleaning up, settling in, taking a shower, getting fresh for a good night's sleep? I love it! I love the whole ritual."

Uhm. Well, yes. I guess I do. But the thing is: I don't really HAVE a "going to bed" ritual. So, true to my form- I over analyzed the conversation to death and had some thoughts.

Think about when you wake up after a night of partying. What's the first thing that comes to mind? "What did I DO last night??" You immediately think about all the horrible things you did and what the LAST thing you did before falling asleep was. 

The truth is, I do this every morning when I wake up. I'm not partying every night, but I still think: what was the LAST thing I did before I lost consciousness? Think about it- you've been out cold for 8 hours. Your mind will want to know what the last thing it consciously did was. This is natural, and I bet that most of you do it, too. If the first thing I remember is a Taco Bell binge or a cabinet raid, then that becomes my first thought of the day. So... My day starts off with self-loathing and negative thoughts. That is not conducive to having a great day, now is it!?

From now on, I will do something very good for me right before I go to bed. I want to wake up to good, positive thoughts. It could be 3 push-ups, or a cup of tea- doesn't matter, as long as it's good for me. 

I also want to make sure I am starting my day off with positive actions, to get me going on the path for a day I can autograph at the end. 

A good hearty healthy breakfast:


A sunrise walk. 




Exercise. 


Ok, so that's not me. But someday it will be!

You get the point. Sleep good, wake up good. 

3 comments:

  1. Love that idea! I'm going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, third picture. Yup, that will be you someday if you keep going! I am a night owl and it is seriously hard for me to get to bed early but you have reminded me to keep trying to break my bad habit and get that delicious rest so I can have a good morning.

    ReplyDelete