"Star" shaped ended up being the best method for the texture. To make them star shaped, just plop a spoonful in the middle of the griddle and close the lid.
The What:
One cup fat free cottage cheese
One egg + 4 egg whites
One tsp vanilla extract
Two tbsp honey
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
Two tsp baking powder
The How:
Purée first three ingredients in food processor.
Add honey, flour, and baking powder. Process until smooth.
Heat waffle iron. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Plop mix by the spoonful in middle of griddle and close. Bake until both sides are golden brown.
This will make about 8 waffles. A serving is 4.
I topped with cinnamon and light syrup, which added 50 calories.



Those look and sound delish! Question: is cottage cheese good for you? As in, can it help lose weight if consumed daily?
ReplyDeleteThey were so good! I believe that dairy is good for you in moderate portions as part of a balanced diet. I don't think that any one food can help a person lose weight, but when paired with other healthy foods I think that it could! Replacing typical breakfast foods (bacon, sugary cereals, etc...) with low fat or fat-free cottage cheese can definitely help you reach weight loss goals as long as your other meals are healthy, too! Low-fat cottage cheese, fruits, egg whites, sugar free oats and granola are all smart choices for a healthy breakfast in my opinion! Hope this helps! :)
Delete