Thursday, August 8, 2013

Craving, with a Twist

A co-worker brought me this lovely delicious Caramel Ribbon Crunch coffee today. 



 I enjoyed EVERY last sip. I was scared to look at the nutrition facts online, but I had to do it. Every single thing you put in your body counts. Even if you don't want to know! It was a tall, so the total calories were 390!!!! %#$#$%$#% I won't repeat the sugar. I got sick to my stomach when I looked at it. But, I drank it and now I must adjust the rest of my day. It was so good I wondered how I could modify it in the future. With nonfat milk and no whip cream it still packs a whopping 260 calories, but that's a lot better!

Most chain restaurants are posting their nutrition facts now. I know that when you eat out you are planning on splurging, but that doesn't mean you can't to it smartly! Look at the labels and find how you can modify while still satisfying your craving.

1 comment:

  1. I hate looking at the labels, especially if I'm trying to justify eating something I KNOW I shouldn't, haha. However if I find myself in a situation where I know what I'm going to be eating is bad I try to look up the nutrition facts first. It's hard to justify the calories to myself when they're staring me in the face.

    ReplyDelete