Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Ginger + Buttermilk Creamed Kale Omlette...

...and a 110 calorie bagel thin with homemade strawberry fat free cream cheese.

Doesn't leave much left for me to explain, does it?

First off, I am currently obsessed with bagel thins. 110 calories for a WHOLE bagel? Yes, please. And thank God for fat free cream cheese!



I threw that fat free goodness in a processor with fresh strawberries. So good!



P.S. the leftover strawberry cream cheese is awesome with apple slices.




Now to that ridiculously long omlette description. Monday night I made Ginger + Buttermilk Creamed Kale and Chicken. It was so good. I threw the leftover kale in a skillet with some eggs and it was just as tasty.



Creaming the kale was easy. I boiled about a pound of dinosaur kale, stems removed, until it wilted (10 minutes), drained, cooled, then coarsely chopped it. Sauteed about a cup of white onions, chopped, with butter until soft. Then I simmered with a cup of fat free sour cream, cup of water, teaspoon of corriander, tablespoon of fresh grated ginger on medium for about 6 minutes. Added a cup of fat free buttermilk, cooked on medium for a few minutes, added salt and pepper, then finally the kale. Cooked cream and kale together on low for about 3 minutes. Done! And so good.

1 comment:

  1. I love this recipe! Omelets are one of my favorite foods (right up there with pizza, lol) so I get really excited to hear about new healthy ways to prepare them. Thanks Lori!

    ReplyDelete