Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Egg White Pizza w/Garlic Tahini Sauce

 The technical name of this dish is Egg White Pizza with Boomsauce.  
Boomsauce is a term I like to use interchangeably with things I think are awesome. For example: if you wake up to really good news and want to share it with someone immediately, you call them and say: "want some boomsauce with your breakfast?" They will say yes. 
Today I was in the mood for something awesome. This is what I came up with:


 Since I am working my tailfeather off to lose 5 pounds by June 28th, all I can think about is pizza. This Friday is my big weigh-in day and for two weeks I have been so good. I really did not realize how much pizza I eat until I took it away from me! This recipe is a great substitution for the real thing!

Servings: 2
Calories per serving: 323

The What:

1 1/2 cups egg whites
2 tbsp fat-free Greek yogurt
2 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp butter, melted
8-10 fresh garlic cloves, peeled
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp basil
1/3 cup diced white onion
1 scallion, diced
1/3 cup banana peppers, diced
Salt and Pepper
0-Calorie Cooking Spray

Crushed Red Pepper for taste 

The How:

•Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees F
Peel garlic cloves and bake in tin foil for about 25 minutes


Cook until brown and tender


•Heat small round skillet on low-medium with cooking spray. Pour 3/4 cup of egg whites into skillet. Flip halfway through. Cook until egg is very sturdy and slightly browned. Don't burn! Cook rest of egg whites same way so you have two crusts. You should be able to pick it up without it falling apart. 




•Heat another skillet on low-medium with cooking spray. Sauté Onions, scallions, and banana peppers with a little s and p until slightly browned.

• Finally, the SAUCE! Heat tahini, greek yogurt, oregano, butter, and basil on low heat until combined (about 7 minutes). Stir very frequently! It will probably look a little icky and separated but that's ok! Throw the tahini mixture and the baked garlic in a food processor until a thick creamy mixture is formed.


•Now you're ready to fix the pizza! Spread the Garlic and Tahini on the crust, then top with the scallion mixture, top with crushed red pepper, and dig in! A serving size is one pizza.


If you cook the crust properly, you will definitely be able to pull the pieces apart and pick up like a normal pizza!



5 comments:

  1. Hey Lori,

    I just stumbled across your blog the other day and I absolutely love what I've read so far. I am so stinking excited to try this pizza recipe for myself! Since I've started eating clean I've really missed having pizza. It is absolutely one of my favorite things to eat and I used to eat a lot of it! It's good to know that there are actually healthy alternatives out there! Thanks for sharing.

    Jenea
    www.dunkin2dippin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenea! Thanks for reading and taking the time to write a comment! I checked out your blog- it's great! I wish you the best of luck in your journey! We got this!

      Delete
  2. Hello Lori,
    My first time here on your blog and I really think blog writing on your weight loss is in fact one of the best motivations to keep losing weight to reach your ideal weight. and I'm going to try out the pizza :D

    ReplyDelete