Wednesday, June 12, 2013

115 Calorie Breakfast Tacos

I know, I know... I have a serious obsession with turning everything I cook into some sort of Latin-inspired dish. This morning I had every intention of just making a boring plate of scrambled egg whites. Next thing I knew, I was adding hot sauce, onions, bell peppers, and cayenne pepper. This breakfast "taco" was so shockingly awesome I may just make another one for dinner tonight! I don't think I'll ever use sour cream ever again. I have been substituting fat free Greek yogurt for about a year now and I absolutely love it.



The What:

 •Wheat Pita (I prefer Joseph's- they are 60 cals each)
•1 tablespoon of nonfat plain Greek Yogurt
•Handful of diced bell peppers and onions
•3 tablespoons of egg whites (I used the kind in the carton)
•Teaspoon of calorie free hot sauce
•Cayenne Pepper to taste

The How:

video

Ok, just kidding. I'll explain. I was experimenting with my Vine App :)

•Scramble egg whites with hot sauce, cayenne, bell peppers, onions, and salt and pepper. Set aside on paper towel to drain.
•Heat pita (it might look gross, but I just used the same skillet I cooked my eggs in. It's all going to the same place anyways). 
•Put egg mixture in middle of pita, plop the Greek Yogurt on top, fold like a taco and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment