Thursday, May 9, 2013

Abercrombie and Bitch

By now, you have surely heard about the er, "views" of Abercrombie and Fitch's CEO, Mike Jeffries. If not, here ya go: Abercrombie & Fitch CEO doesn’t want ‘fat’ women wearing his clothes.





Basically, he thinks that fat women are not in the cool crowd and the cool crowd is who he wants in his clothes. For fear of stooping to his level, I will keep the majority of my opinions to myself here, but last time I checked: the cool people are the ones who don't feel the need to conform to cookie cutter standards. I also consider cool folks to be the ones too cool to waste their time judging others based on their looks. And let's be honest here, Mike Jeffries does not look cool. 

He looks like an old bitch in teenage clothes.


AND the last time I checked, Abercrombie and Fitch has not been cool since like... 2000. Even then, it was pretty trashy. Oh wait, I said I wasn't going to stoop to his level. My bad.

Moving on... this whole thing just pisses me off. A lot of young people do think Abercrombie and Fitch is cool and there are a lot of young, overweight people who desperately want to be cool. This douchebag doesn't help their cause. A & F markets to young people. How on earth can this dude and his company honestly go to sleep at night knowing that millions of young people are seeing this? Wasn't he a young person at some point? How would he feel if a big corporation told him he wasn't cool because he couldn't fit in their clothes?
  Hold on, I'm sorry... I can't stop looking at this picture of him. How old is this guy? 50? Why do you have frosted tips on your head? Why are you wearing highwaters? Ugh. Does he REALLY think he looks cool? I  hope that by 2013, kids these days are able to understand that being skinny does not make you cool. Being a good person makes you cool. I will admit that being healthy is way cool, but I know some plump folks who are pretty damn awesome. Young people have so much to worry about; their social status really should not be defined by some old washed out dude who doesn't understand what really matters in this life.

I have two pairs of Abercrombie and Fitch jeans in my "skinny closet" right now. I've been hanging on to them so that I can wear them again someday. Now that I know I won't be "cool" until I can fit in them, Mike Jeffries just gave them a one way ticket to the dumpster. If wearing his jeans makes me cool, then I'd rather stay  "not so cool."



While we're on this subject, check this article out: Abercrombie "Banishes" Girl With Prosthetic Arm To Storeroom Because She Doesn't Fit The "Look Policy"





2 comments:

  1. First time here... LOVE your post. You GO, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like an ultra douche. The other day I was walking by there and saw a cute tank in so I ran in just to look. Several things, the "door greeter" sized me up and down, snickered at my mom appearance, then asked if I needed help. I looked at the tank, it was NINETY EIGHT dollars. A spaghetti strap tank top. The large was thisbig. I left, laughing, not believing I used to think it was cool. These people are fuck heads.

    ReplyDelete