Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fitness Vacation Day 2!

Ok, so today was a little tougher than the first day. There is no coffee in our villa- scratch that. There IS coffee and a pot, but no filters and no creamer. They probably did that on purpose to be mean, horrible people lol. My mom tried to make coffee with a paper towel- disaster, of course. It's crazy to me that of all things for me to feel deprived of, coffee is the main thing! There is coffee in the dining hall from 6:45am- until the end of breakfast and it is a hot commodity I tell ya! I have really learned to appreciate the taste of hot tea. I've never really been a big fan of it, but with a little bit of lemon, it has quickly become something I think I will enjoy more of when I get back home.

 
Anyway, so we woke up about 6am, got ready, and biked the mile and a half to the health spa. We were supposed to be there at 7am to go for a sunrise beach walk but it is FREEZING here in the mornings. We skipped the sunrise beach walk and enjoyed 30 minutes of hot coffee-guzzling bliss.
 

                                              Oh, and then we took some selfies :)
                                       

 
Breakfast was at 7:30am. It sounded delicious, but it was not. Banana Bread french toast with blueberry topping and a mixed berry smoothie. I added cottage cheese to meet my 300 calorie allowance.
 

      
     Then I added more cottage cheese and fruit because the french toast tasted like shit.
 

 
After breakfast I went to "retro dance" at 8:30. I was actually feeling a little queasy because I'm still on antibiotics from when I had strep throat last week, and I almost didn't go. But, I went, and I decided that if I threw up in front of everyone I really didn't care. Some of the fools here get on my nerves so damn bad. My mom and I have picked out the "regulars." There is this group of people who come here every year, even a few times a year and they know EVERYTHING. They are constantly bossing everybody around as if we are a bunch of high school freshman trying to find our way to language arts. During the classes or lectures, they are always interrupting the instructors and it's just funny. Anyways, back to the retro dance class. At first I was rolling my eyes because the teacher was ancient and we were dancing to songs like Barry Manilow "Copacabana." It was basically a big snorechestra. Then out of nowhere the cupid shuffle came on and I got so excited I almost peed my pants. All these old women (OLD) started laughing and yelling about how they've never done the Cupid Shiffle sober! HAHAHA! OMG, that livened me up so much. After that we started doing the twist and other fun songs. Well played, instructor lady.
 
9:30 was "treading." Don't let the treadmill fool you. This was the hardest workout we've done yet. The treadmills are these fancy woodway machines that really feel like you're walking on the ground. It was 45 minutes of intervals and inclines, walking/jogging, led by an instructor. It was a fantastic workout. I was sweating like crazy.

 
Then at 10:30 we had a metabo meal. This is 100 calories and I chose yogurt and half of an apple.

 
At 11am we went to a lecture on nutrition and health. I will have to come back to this part in full detail later because I really want to share with you all I learned.


  Lunch was at noon and it was awesome. It was just a bean burrito, but the flavor was really good.

 
After lunch my mom and I hopped over to the tennis resort and had an hour lesson. The coach, Shelley, was really good. My mom and I have played tennis our whole lives, so it was nice that it was just the two of us that signed up for the lesson. We actually got to play a lot. It's been a long time since I've had a tennis lesson, so it was great being reminded of some of the fundamentals. It was a pretty good workout, too. It reminded me of summers growing up on the tennis courts, constantly running around doing drills, picking up balls, then doing it all over again. This retreat is motivating me to get back to my old self so much. I used to do several activities a day and I was so happy.
 
 
After tennis we had part two of that nutrition and health lecture. Again, I will come back and post details about the information learned there. The speaker was amazing.
 
At 3pm we had another metabo meal. I opted for almonds and celery. The almonds tasted like tiny sponges. It was so gross, dude. OMG. They were soggy and chewy! Yuck!

 
At 3:30 I opted out of taking another fitness class and biked to the beach so I could bike ON the beach. That's right... ON the beach. It was about a 3 mile ride to the beach walk and it was a beautiful trail. I am in love with all the spanish moss and palm trees that are EVERYWHERE. This island is way prettier than I imagined. So, biking ON the beach is the bomb. The sand here is so hard, it's like biking on cement. So cool! It gives you a little resistance, so it's a great workout.
                                                                         

 

 

 

I biked for about and hour and a half and then got ready for dinner.  I was starving by the time dinner rolled around. The spongy almonds had long since left my stomach. Salad with artichoke heards, hearts of palm and fat-free french dressing, followed by chicken cordon bleu. The chicken was stuffed with turkey and spinach and breaded with Panko. It was baked of course. On the side we had broccoli and sweet potato. It was really pretty delightful.

 
                               
                                 
  For my 8pm metabo meal I had two cans of low sodium V8 and celery. Guess what I was wishing it was!! :)

 

 
The best part of the day?? My best friend sent me mail!!! I squealed like a little girl when I got this at the front desk. Lee and I grew up together and we spent many summers at camp as kids. This was so sweet and it just made my day!!
 
 
 
Day 3 is kayaking- I am stoked! I hope I don't tip over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment