Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Eat Piggy Piggy...

I mean, I'm really getting it. I am really understanding how to not eat like a full grown pig ready for slaughter. A close friend of mine says that we focus way too much on scheduled eating. She claims our bodies are smarter than we give them credit for. Eat when hungry (I've written about this before). It seems like a novel concept, but it can be so hard to just eat when you're hungry. Why? Because we have been told all our lives to never skip breakfast... eat a few small meals throughout the day, then maybe consume a healthy snack. Here's what I've eaten today: a NutriSystem breakfast bar, a cup of coffee, a frozen bag of single serving frozen veggies, and a nutrisystem cup of soup. I am not ravishingly hungry. At 10:30pm. Granted, I've been a little under the weather, so this probably has something to with my smaller appetite- but just because I'm supposed to consume twice the amount of calories than I have today doesn't mean that I'm going to eat just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment