Thursday, March 29, 2012

Running!!! @#$#^%$%^U&$%^@#

I don't get it- how do all you people run? I've attempted to run the past two days and so far the longest distance I've been able to go without stopping is half a mile. I walked a mile and half today and then finished it off with jogging the last half mile. I was so worn out I was still sweating the first hour I was at work. AND i took a cold shower! When I say run, it was more like I was "yogging." You know, jogging with a silent j. I have a great running route right outside my front door. From my front door, to a little past Broadway, it is exactly one mile. There are few good little hills along the way too. It felt great being out there in the sun, but i have to admit, I am officially freaking out about the running part of this triathlon. But, one good way to look at is that if I can complete a quarter of the running segment already and its only week one, than that's gotta be pretty good, right? I was supposed to swim today, but after last night's attempt, I decided that I needed to be on my feet today.

5 comments:

  1. I promise if you stick with the running, you'll slowly start to fall in love with it! It's addicting! :) I'm rooting for you, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm giving it a shot! It's hard! :) And thanks! I appreciate the support!

      Delete
  2. I still do the run walk run walk run walk run walk 5k.. It does get better, and pretty fast too if you stick with it.. Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely gets easier! Try the couch to 5k app. It builds you up to running miles and miles! Like someone said above, eventually it will be RIDICULOUSLY addicting! It's a love hate relationship with me. I hate to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't know there was a 5k app! I'll check it out!

      Delete