Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mean Girls (and Boys)

I have been called fat my entire life. Even when I was a size 8 cheerleader and soo not fat, I got made fun of for being fat. I've always been able to just tell people to shove it and move on, but lately it's really been pissing me off. I think it's because I am now in my late 20's and i've realized that people are still just as mean now as they were in junior highschool. I was recently informed that a former co-worker called me a "water buffalo." This person is someone I loved and trusted. This is not something you would say to a friend. I want to take a moment to genuinely thank everybody that has been supportive of me along my journey and that has shown me unconditional love. I just can't imagine how self conscious people must be that they have to put others down the way they do. I have been sorting through my life the past few months doing a lot of spring cleaning. I've thrown away toxins from my body, food in my house that's bad for me, i'm trying to throw away bad habits, and now I think it's time to throw away bad people. I don't want to be fake with anyone, and I don't want anyone to be fake with me. Either come into my life and support me or go away. If you are there for me, I will be there for you. My mom calls bad friends "basement friends" because they are constantly bringing you down. This whole weight loss journey is so much more than dropping weight for me. I have to learn how to surround myself with all the good and shiny things that keep me at my best. Mean girls and boys are not good or shiny.

3 comments:

  1. Your co-worker is an asshole. You are doing an amazing job. I happened to stumble along your blog and have been hooked. Keep it up! I cleaned out my life a long time ago and while my closet may be a bit bare, I love and trust everyone in it. (Just be careful who you let in!). Good luck and keep it up, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's hard to let go of people, even when they hurt you. But, I have to be selfish and think about me for once :)

      Delete
  2. Keep up the good work Lori and don't listen to other people. I feel like this journey once completed should be shared with the world. You are an amazing person inside and out. Don't let others bring you down with their garbage.

    ReplyDelete