Monday, January 2, 2012

Workout Buddies!

One of the greatest things about working out is a workout buddy! My friend Amy came over this morning and we did Plyocide together. It wasn't nearly as hard today as it was the first time I did it! And hey, I didn't get nauseous this time! Yay! My back is a little sore, so I think I'm going to need to stretch it out a little more tomorrow. Amy is really supportive of me and is one of the best friends I've ever had. She is always encouraging me when I get down. Whether it's work, life or my weight. I am so lucky to have her in my life and it's friends like her that make me realize that I CAN do this!! A few times during the workout today I would get down and say things like: "it's so frustrating that my muscles are okay with the exercise but my bones aren't (i.e. push-ups. they hurt my hands because of my weight)." Or, I would express frustration about how many modifications I had to do. And she would say encouraging things like: "just think, when you lose weight it will be easier and your body will allow you to do more exercises," or: "P90x exercises are hard for most people. A lot of folks have to modify, not everybody looks like Tony Horton!"

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! You two are amazing friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Workin' on my fitness, who's my witness?!" - Fergie Ferg
    I wish we lived closer so we all could work out together! I push myself harder when I have someone with me to keep me going when I think I want to quit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P90X2 is a beast and if Tony yells one more dumb joke....I might come through the tv and give him a noogie. You did great today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish so too, Lee! Yes, his dumb jokes are a little much! haha.

    ReplyDelete