Monday, January 2, 2012

Who Doesn't Love a Chef Salad?

I made the most scrumptious chef salad for lunch today. Romaine lettuce, boiled egg, turkey bacon, red onions and shredded carrot. Yes, that's carrot, not cheddar cheese! I know everything is beddar with cheddar, but when you pile on the ingredients and dressing, who can actually taste the cheese anyway? I figure if it looks like cheese, it must be as good, right? I didn't miss it. I did think I was going to miss the pile of ranch or bleu cheese I wanted to throw on there though. But alas, I chose an alternative and guess what? The tangy balsamic was surprisingly better! It's all about choices people. When you choose to make a healthy eating decision, it is so much more rewarding and let's be honest, it usually does taste better.

What eating choices do you struggle with? For me, I have to deliberately and consciously make an effort to eat healthy: every meal, every snack, every time I eat. It's living life one meal at a time and battling with choices until I can take it day by day.




5 comments:

  1. I am the same, Lori! I have to really think about what I'm going to eat. If not, I'll find myself face first in a bowl of brownie mix. This is an awesome undertaking. You are on your way!!!!
    xoxo
    Becky A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add this to my comment... Turkey bacon actually has more sodium and preservatives. Believe it or not, real, lean bacon is a better alternative. Read this in my Clean Eating magazine and it's true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Becky! I will have to check your magazine out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, I think that this is an awesome undertaking. I know that you can do it and once you have completed your journey, you may have a book to sell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Anonymous. I would love to make this a book once it's all said and done!

    ReplyDelete